INDUSTRY LEADER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
In 1995, the ARTBA Foundation created an industry first-of-its-kind “101 Introduction to Federal & State Advocacy for Transportation Infrastructure Market Development and Protection.” Originally known as the Young Executive Development Program, it was re-branded in 2016 as the Industry Leader Development Program, or ILDP, based on the recommendations of an ARTBA task force of next generation industry leaders.
The program provides rising leaders in the transportation construction and development sector with a solid understanding of industry economics… how transportation work in the U.S. is funded and financed… how actions by the federal government impact the industry… and how they—and their company or agency—can become politically engaged to help shape transportation policy. There have been nearly 650 “graduates” of the program over the past 21 years from 200 industry firms, state contractor chapters and public agencies.
The ILDP is held annually in conjunction with ARTBA’s spring Federal Issues Program and Transportation Construction Coalition Fly-In in Washington, D.C. Participants use the opportunity to meet with members of Congress and their staffs about pending federal transportation policy and regulatory issues.
- Rising Leaders in the transportation construction/development sector will gain a solid understanding of industry economics
- Explore how transportation work in the U.S. is funded and financed
- Observe how actions by the federal government impact our industry
- Identify how to become more politically engaged in shaping transportation policy
- Meet with your congressman to discuss transportation policy in your state
- Earn professional development hours (PDH)
- Compile Nomination Documents (Letter of Recommendation, Bio/Resume/Current Photo)
- Complete the online form
(Can be for a candidate, or candidate self-submission; must include all supporting documentation in one submission)
- Nominations must be received by April 21. Selected candidates will receive an email confirmation by April 7, with instructions on how to register for the program and arrange hotel accommodations.