ARTBA is the leading regulatory advocate, regularly representing the industry’s views before the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, Occupational Safety & Health Administration, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Army Corps of Engineers, Office of Management and Budget, and other federal agencies. ARTBA typically submits such comments 25 times per year.
ARTBA urges the House of Representatives to pass legislation curbing EPA’s efforts to expand federal Clean Water Act jurisdiction to include roadside ditches.
ARTBA urges EPA to proceed cautiously with proposed Administrative Wage Garnishment rule.
ARTBA urges greater transparency in Virginia P3 Implementation Process
ARTBA urges NHTSA to consider how proposed fuel economy standards will dilute Highway Trust Fund revenues.
- 08/06 – Comments on Proposed Fuel Economy Standards
- 08/29/12 – 2012 memo to Congress detailing projected impacts of fuel economy standards on HTF revenues
ARTBA and 38 other trade associations warn the House Committee on Small Business that the EPA’s proposed rule on “Waters of the United States” violates regulatory safeguards and is based on a flawed economic analysis.
- 07/30 – Coalition letter to House Committee on Small Business on EPA “Waters of the United States” Proposed Rule
ARTBA and 43 other trade associations urge swift State Department approval of the Keystone XL pipeline.
ARTBA supports the state of Utah’s efforts to take control of the categorical exclusion (CE) process in an effort to help reduce delay in delivering transportation improvements.
ARTBA warns the Hose Transportation & Infrastructure Committee that EPA’s proposed “Waters of the United States” Rule drastically expands federal regulatory authority and could lead to significant delays for transportation improvements.
ARTBA warns the Hose Committee on Small Business that EPA’s proposed “Waters of the United States” Rule drastically expands federal regulatory authority and could lead to significant delays for transportation improvements.
- 05/29 – ARTBA Statement to House Committee on Small Business concerning EPA’s “Waters of the U.S.” Proposed Rule
ARTBA warns EPA stricter ozone standards could lead to increased unemployment, reduced congestion relief and weakened public safety.
ARTBA raises privacy concerns in comments on OSHA’s proposed workplace reporting rule.
ARTBA Provides detailed comments on FHWA’s Draft Core Toll Concessions P3 Model Contract Guide.
ARTBA and 60 other trade associations urge the House of Representatives to pass legislation streamlining the permit process for federal construction projects.
ARTBA and 19 other trade associations urge swift State Department approval of the Keystone XL pipeline.
ARTBA urges the IRS to abandon guidance which would severely restrict the ability of associations to communicate with their members.
ARTBA and 114 other trade associations urge the House of Representatives to pass legislation aimed at reforming the federal regulatory process.
ARTBA urges OSHA to reconsider proposed standards for crystalline silica exposure, arguing the agency is using outdated data and a flawed economic analysis. Further, ARTBA notes existing standards offer suitable protection to workers from silica exposure.
Before deciding whether or not to tighten existing NOx regulations, EPA must take account of what has already been achieved as well as improvements which have been approved but not yet fully implemented, ARTBA says.
ARTBA supports the proposed Federal Transit Administration guidance and believes it allows for the acquisition of a right-of-way prior to the completion of the environmental review process for transit capital projects.
2013 Regulatory Comments
- 12/26: DBE Program Changes and Survey
- 12/16: ARTBA EPA “Connectivity” Statement
- 12/05: ARTBA DBE “Listening Session” Statement
- 11/18: DOT Expansion of CE Use
- 11/06: Coalition Comments on Connectivity
- 11/06: EPA Connectivity Report
- 10/29: NEPA Delegation Application
- 10/28: Value Engineering
- 10/23: ARTBA/AGC DBE Extension Request
- 09/30: Alternative Technical Concepts in Design Build
- 09/19: NRMCA Hours of Service Exemption
- 09/06: FHWA Buy America Policy
- 09/06: DOT FY 2014 – 2018 Strategic Plan
- 08/28: Texas Assumption of CE Responsibilities
- 07/30: Coalition Letter Supporting Regulatory Reform Bill
- 07/24: ARTBA Letter Supporting House Coal Ash Bill
- 07/22: Coalition Letter Supporting House Coal Ash Bill
- 05/31: Model P3 Contract Recommendations
- 05/20: Support for House Keystone Pipeline Bill
- 05/14: WRDA Amendment on CWA Guidance
- 05/13: Opposition to EPA Settlement on Ozone
- 05/08: California Assumption of CE Responsibilities
- 05/07: EPA Publication of Litigation Information
- 04/29: 2 New CEs Created Under MAP-21
- 04/17: Coalition Support for Keystone XL Pipeline
- 04/16: ARTBA Support for Keystone XL Pipeline
- 04/11: Support for Senate “Sue and Settle” Bill
- 04/10: Coalition Letter on EPA SAB Reform Bill
- 04/10: Coalition Letter on EPA “Sue and Settle”
- 03/12: OSHA Proposed Changes to MUTCD
- 02/12: Coalition Letter on CWA Jurisdiction
- 02/06: ESA Critical Habitat Modification
- 02/06: MUTCD Information Request