The ARTBA Foundation’s Safety Certification for Transportation Project Professionals™ (SCTPP) program was established in 2016:
“To ensure the safety and well-being of construction workers, motorists, truck drivers, pedestrians and their families by making transportation project sites worldwide zero-incident zones.”
The program was developed by the senior executives from America’s leading transportation design and construction firms, senior federal and state transportation agency officials, and top labor union officials.
“To make safety top-of-mind for all professionals involved in the planning, design, management, materials delivery and construction of transportation projects from inception through completion.”
This is achieved by providing and encouraging an accredited certification program to the International Organization for Standardization and the International Electrotechnical Commission (ISO/IEC 17024) Conformity Assessment—General Requirements for Bodies Operating Certification of Persons as administered by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
Watch this video to hear industry leaders explain why they launched the program.
- Read the Candidate Handbook, FAQs (test dates, topics, costs, etc.) and eligibility requirements.
- Complete the application. You will pay for your exam at the end of the application. If you are eligible, the ARTBA certification department will email you within 15 business days, with an approval of your application and instructions to on how to schedule your exam.
- Schedule your exam with a Pearson VUE test center. Find the nearest test center.
The Exam & Certification
Candidates must check into a Pearson VUE test center using one form of primary identification with a photo and signature, and a second form of identification. The name on the ID must match exactly the name submitted on the application.
The following forms are accepted as primary ID:
- government-issued driver’s license
- state/national identification card
- U.S. Passport or alien registration card (green card, permanent resident visa)
The following forms are accepted as secondary ID: any ID on the primary list, Social Security card or credit/bank ATM card (signature required), employer I.D. card.
Score reports shall be issued onsite following completion of the examination. Candidates who fail the exam may request diagnostic feedback regarding their performance on the exam.
Only candidates who are successful in passing the written examination for the certification, meet all criteria for certification, and remain in good standing are considered certified.
Certificates shall be issued generally within 30 days of receipt of examination results.
Renew your credentials by meeting our recertification requirements and submitting documentation to maintain certification every 36 months after your exam date.
If you have additional questions, please email: email@example.com.