The newly elected president and Congress… more than 100 state and local transportation funding ballot initiatives… and the continued implementation of the FAST Act surface transportation law. What are their likely impacts on the construction market in 2017 and beyond?
Major Topics of Discussion:
- National 2017 U.S. Transportation Construction Market forecast;
- Market impacts of the Nov. state and local transportation ballot initiatives;
- How 2015’s FAST Act implementation is being felt;
- Modal forecast: highway, bridge, airport runway, transit, freight, rail, and ports/waterway markets;
- State-by-state economic outlook for highways and bridges; and
- State and local transportation funding trends;
- Prospects for new transportation funding package with new Administration & Congress.
About the Presenter:
Dr. Alison Premo Black, who joined ARTBA in 2000, leads an experienced economics and research team and is responsible for over 65 studies examining national and state transportation funding and investment patterns, including the association’s landmark economic profile of the transportation construction industry, state bridge condition profiles and annual modal forecast. She earned her doctorate in economics from The George Washington University, and has a master’s in international economics and Latin American studies from the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies.