ARTBA’s Student Transportation Video Contest
The 2016 contest is now open and accepting applications.
Submit a video for a chance to win a $500 cash prize!
There has been a lot of talk about transportation and infrastructure lately, ranging from debates in high school to debates in Congress. The American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) would like to know what you think. Now in its sixth year, the Transportation Video Contest has just opened, and students of all ages are encouraged to apply!
Video Submission Deadline: Aug. 31, 2016
The top four student videos (one winner in each age group of each category), as selected by ARTBA, will each be awarded a $500 cash prize. The winners, along with other submitted videos, may be shown at the ARTBA National Convention. Entrants may work in teams, but only ONE prize is awarded per video. Submitted videos may also be featured on the ARTBA website, screened on YouTube, and/or other promotional venues.
Entrants should create an original two (2) to four (4) minute video examining any aspect of either of the two categories: General Transportation or Safety.
Some suggested topics for the General Transportation category include:
- U.S. Transportation Infrastructure 101
- How infrastructure is built and paid for
- What are the costs and financing needs of transportation infrastructure
- What are the impacts of congestion and changing travel demands
- What are the “man on the street” impressions of the industry versus reality
- Recent transportation and urban design/development patterns
Some suggested topics for the Safety category include:
- How are safety measures or programs being funded?
- What are the economic impacts of implementing more safety measures?
- What are the recent technologies used to improve safety in the transportation industry?
- Need some more ideas? Check out the National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse at www.workzonesafety.org.
- Age Group One (K-12): Entrants are elementary, middle or high school students.
- Age Group Two (post-secondary/college/graduate level): Entrants are students in a post-secondary, college or graduate program.
For entrants who are high school graduates and planning to attend an undergraduate program in the fall this year, submit your video in Age Group Two (College and Above).
Questions? Contact Lital Shair Nada at email@example.com
- Submit Your Entry
- Video Requirements
- Rules and Regulations
- Video Contest Winners
- Video Contest Flyer
- National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Centers for Disease Control
- Centers for Disease Control National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Federal Highway Administration Highway Statistics