ARTBA's Student Transportation Video Contest
The Video Contest is closed for 2013. We will open our contest for 2014 submissions in spring 2014.
Submit a video for a chance to win a $500 cash prize!
There has been a lot of talk about transportation and infrastructure lately, ranging from debates in high school to debates in Congress. The American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) would like to know what you think. Now in its second year, the Transportation Video Contest has just opened, and students of all ages are encouraged to apply!
Video Submission Deadline: August 25, 2013
The top two student videos (one winner in each category), as selected by ARTBA, will each be awarded a $500 cash prize. The winners, along with other submitted videos, may be shown at the ARTBA National Convention. Entrants may work in teams, but only ONE prize is awarded per video. Submitted videos may also be featured on the ARTBA website, screened on YouTube, and/or other promotional venues.
Entrants should create an original two (2) to four (4) minute video examining any aspect of transportation in the United States. Some suggested topics include:
- U.S. Transportation Infrastructure 101
- How infrastructure is built and paid for
- What are the costs and financing needs of transportation infrastructure
- What are the impacts of congestion and changing travel demands
- What are the "man on the street" impressions of the industry versus reality
- Recent transportation and urban design/development patterns
- Category One: Entrants are in elementary, middle of high school. This includes high school students who graduated in 2013 but may be planning to continue their studies at a post-secondary institution. Teachers/directors of elementary, middle, or high school students are eligible to participate with their class/program; however, the video must primarily be the work of the students.
- Category Two: Entrants are currently enrolled in a post-secondary, college or graduate school program.
Questions? Contact Lital Shair at
ARTBA is a proud sponsor of the National Association for Urban Debate Leagues National Championship in Washington, D.C. on April 18-21. This year's debate question is: "Should the federal government substantially increase transportation investment in the United States?"