ARTBA’s Research and Education Division: Student Video Contest to Promote Importance of U.S. Transportation Infrastructure
The 2017 contest is now open!
Submit a video for a chance to win a $500 cash prize!
There has been a lot of talk about transportation and infrastructure lately, and the American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) would like to know what you think. Now in its seventh year, the Transportation Video Contest has just opened, and students of all ages are encouraged to apply!
Video Submission Deadline: August 29, 2017
The top four (4) student videos (one (1) winner in each age group of each category), as selected by ARTBA, will each be awarded a $500 cash prize. The winners, along with other submitted videos, may be shown at the ARTBA National Convention. Entrants may work in teams, but only ONE (1) prize is awarded per video. Submitted videos may also be featured on the ARTBA website, screened on YouTube, and/or other promotional venues.
Entrants should create an original two (2) to four (4) minute video examining any aspect of either of the two categories: General Transportation or Safety.
Some suggested topics for the General Transportation category include:
- U.S. Transportation Infrastructure 101
- How infrastructure is built and paid for
- What are the costs and financing needs of transportation infrastructure
- What are the impacts of congestion and changing travel demands
- What are the “man on the street” impressions of the industry versus reality?
- Recent transportation and urban design/development patterns
Some suggested topics for the Safety category include:
- How are safety measures or programs being funded?
- What are the economic impacts of implementing more safety measures?
- What are the recent technologies used to improve safety in the transportation industry?
- Need some more ideas? Check out the National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse at www.workzonesafety.org.
- Age Group One (K-12): Entrants are elementary, middle or high school students.
- Age Group Two (post-secondary/college/graduate level): Entrants are students in a post-secondary, college or graduate program.
For entrants who are high school graduates and planning to attend an undergraduate program in the fall this year, submit your video in Age Group Two (post-secondary/college/graduate level).
Questions? Contact Lital Shair Nada at email@example.com.
- Submit Your Entry
- Video Requirements
- Rules/Terms & Conditions
- Previous Contest Winners
- Research & Education Video Contest
- Women Leaders Council Video Contest
- 2017 Video Contest Flyer
- National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Centers for Disease Control
- Centers for Disease Control National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Federal Highway Administration Highway Statistics