Industry Leader Development Council (ILDC)
The Young Executive Leadership Council (YELC) was rebranded the Industry Leader Development Council (ILDC) as recommended by a 2015 ARTBA task force report.
The ILDC is the “home” for more than 700 graduates of the annual Industry Leader Development Program (ILDP), formerly the Young Executive Development Program (YEDP). The council also helps develop the next generation of association leaders.
ILDC Chair Ozzy Bravo is a project engineer with Terracon. Vice Chair Sofia Berger is senior vice president with Louis Berger. They are supported by eight regional chairs/vice chairs who help manage and implement the programs for ARTBA’s Regional Leadership Teams. Find their information and details about regional activities:
The ILDC is charged with:
- Developing the agendas and helping with industry outreach for the ARTBA regional meetings.
- Activating grassroots advocates in the individual regions when policy developments in the Nation’s Capital require action.
- Identifying and helping to recruit prospects for membership.
- Looking for opportunities for the ILDC to engage with the ARTBA Board of Directors or with the various councils and committees.
- Recruiting resumes for leadership post considerations by the ARTBA Nominating Committee and divisions.
- Providing input and help with industry outreach for the ARTBA Foundation’s Dr. J. Don Brock TransOvation™ Workshop.
The ILDC is looking for industry executives ages 30-50 to help with its program of work. Contact ARTBA’s Senior Vice President of Strategic Engagement Allison Klein to learn more.