The U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) recently completed revisions to the rule implementing the federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program. ARTBA and many of its chapters and members participated extensively in this 25-month rulemaking process. The final revisions took effect November 3rd and encompass numerous changes to the ways owner-agencies, prime contractors and subcontractors must comply with the DBE program. It is important for all ARTBA members who participate in federal-aid projects to become familiar with these changes right away. ARTBA is hosting this special webinar for its members with Martha Kenley, national DBE program manager at the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). Martha will provide a detailed look at the DBE rule changes of greatest interest to ARTBA members, and will also answer questions submitted on-line during the webinar. This is a great opportunity to hear from one of the key policymakers and authorities on the DBE rule at USDOT.
Topics are expected to include new provisions relating to:
- Overall goal-setting for DBE programs
- Good-faith efforts to meet contract goals
- Replacement of DBE subcontractors
- Race-neutral participation
- Counting of participation by trucking firms and regular-dealers
The webinar took place November 14th at 2PM (Eastern).
Two links that Martha referenced on the webinar are:
1. New central U.S. DOT site for DBE information:
2. U.S. DOT recorded training session for public agencies on the revised DBE rule: