Student Video Contest
The ARTBA Foundation supports an annual student video contest to promote the U.S. transportation industry.
The Student Transportation Video Contest is aimed at helping students gain a better understanding of the importance of transportation infrastructure investment to the U.S. economy and quality of life, and to learn more about the industry and potential career opportunities.
ARTBA’s Research & Education Division (RED) sponsors the contest, which is divided into two age groups:
- elementary, middle or high school students
- post-secondary, college and graduate students
Winners are selected in each age group. 1st prize in each category will receive $500, and the 2nd prize in each category will be awarded a $250 cash prize. Winning entries may be shown during ARTBA’s National Convention.
Videos must be a maximum of 2.5 minutes long, and contain audio.
Contest Deadline: November 30
We will begin accepting entries at the beginning of August.
Here are the 2019 winners:
Watch more contest winners from 2018 and previous years at ARTBA’s Student Video Contest YouTube Channel.
Here are some resources that can help in the production of your video:
- National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Centers for Disease Control
- Centers for Disease Control National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Federal Highway Administration Highway Statistics