Women Leaders Council Student Video Contest
ARTBA’s Women Leaders Council: Student Video Contest to Promote Importance of U.S. Transportation Design & Construction Careers
Submit a video for a chance to win a $500 cash prize!
The transportation design & construction industry has a variety of unique and challenging career options for professionals. Available jobs range from technical to administrative and cover a variety of fields including: engineering, construction/project management, executive level positions, human resources, legal, safety, and more. However, there isn’t enough promotion of careers in these fields to students in the U.S. The American Road and Transportation Builders Association’s (ARTBA) Women Leaders Council wants you to come up with a cutting-edge video that will inspire and encourage young people to enter this industry!
Be Creative! Be Bold! Tell us why a young person should pursue a career in the transportation design and construction industry!
Video Submission Deadline: August 15, 2017
The top two (2) student videos (one (1) from each Group outlined below), as selected by ARTBA’s Women Leaders Council, will each be awarded a $500 cash prize. The winners, along with other submitted videos, may be shown at the ARTBA National Convention. Entrants may work in teams, but only ONE (1) prize is awarded per video. Submitted videos may also be featured on the ARTBA website, YouTube, or other promotional venues.
Entrants should create an original two (2) to four (4) minute video promoting U.S. transportation design & construction careers.
ARTBA is looking for creativity, so stretch your imagination! Entrants must submit a video in one of two categories based on their school attendance as of September 2017:
- Age Group One (K-12): Entrants are elementary, middle or high school students.
- Age Group Two (post-secondary/college/graduate level): Entrants are students in a post-secondary, college or graduate program.
For entrants who are high school graduates and planning to attend an undergraduate program in the fall this year, submit your video in Age Group Two (post-secondary/college/graduate level).
For more information, please contact Allison Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Centers for Disease Control
- Centers for Disease Control National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Federal Highway Administration Highway Statistics