The Industry’s “Go To” Source for All Things Safety
The jobsite safety of the men and women who build and maintain America’s transportation infrastructure—as well as that of those who travel through our work zones—is a top priority for ARTBA’s membership. And for this reason, the development and provision of safety programs and training is a core competency of ARTBA and its Transportation Development Foundation.
Our unique and wide-ranging safety program includes:
- Policy development and legislative and regulatory engagement at the federal and state levels;
- Operation of the industry’s only internationally-recognized professional certification program—”Safety Certification for Transportation Project Professionals™” opened for exams in October 2016;
- Development and operation of an Online Learning Management System that offers safety training and professional development hours (PDHs) 24-7;
- Development and execution of federally-supported training programs and materials targeted to transportation construction workers;
- Operation of the National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse —the world’s largest repository of information on the topic;
- Leadership in national safety coalitions and organizations;
- National awards programs to recognize and promote safety excellence; and
- A scholarship program to help children of highway workers killed or permanently disabled on the job pay for their post-high school education.
Over the past 20 years, these activities have resulted in difference-making accomplishments like:
- Federal laws requiring the collection and analysis of roadway construction safety data, support for the National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse and development of a driver’s education module to help first-time motorists safely navigate road construction zones;
- Responding to over 2 million requests for safety information;
- Providing safety training to over 100,000 workers;
- Development of over 40 safety training courses and more than 25 technical guidance publications;
- Conducting 20 national or international safety conferences and workshops; and
- Providing more than $500,000 in scholarships.
The Transportation Construction Safety Center is your gateway to these valuable programs and services.
Contact ARTBA Senior Vice President of Safety & Education Brad Sant to learn more about you can take advantage of these valuable services.