Partners & Coalitions
The following federal government agencies, unions, companies and construction-related groups are ARTBA safety partners and alliance members:
- Federal Highway Administration
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- American Association of State Highway & Transportation Officials
- Associated General Contractors of America
- International Association of Bridge, Structural Ornamental and
- International Union of Operating Engineers
- Laborers’ Health and Safety Fund of North America
- Laborers’ International Union of North America
- National Asphalt Pavement Association
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- U.S. Department of Labor
- CPWR – The Center for Construction Research and Training
- Transportation Research Board
ARTBA builds coalitions and networks to leverage its safety and health activities and forge consensus on behalf of industry professionals. Among them:
Roadway Work Zone Safety & Health Alliance
An OSHA-led and industry-supported alliance, it is designed to improve safety and health for roadway construction workers, particularly Hispanic and other non-English speaking employees.
National Safety Council Partnership
It seeks mutually-advantageous opportunities to promote safe driving in roadway work zones and improve worker safety on roadway construction sites.
International Safety Equipment Association Roadway Construction Outreach
It advances greater understanding of the need for and appropriate use of personal protective equipment in the roadway construction industry.
National Committee on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
ARTBA is a founding/sponsoring partner of the National Committee on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (NCUTCD), which assists the development of standards, guides and warrants for traffic control devices and practices used to regulate, warn and guide traffic on streets and highways. NCUTCD develops public and professional awareness of the principles of safe traffic control devices and practices. It also provides a forum for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds and viewpoints to exchange professional information.
Highway Partners Safety Venture
This ad-hoc group focuses on improving communications between the federal government, national associations, practitioners, and private sector groups representing the collective interests of national, state, and local stakeholders in the traffic safety arena.
Decade of Action for Road Safety
Launched by the United Nations, this global effort brings together governments and public and private sector organizations to promote safer roadways around the world, including motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.