The Washington, D.C.-based American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) brings together all facets of the transportation construction industry to responsibly advocate for infrastructure investment and policy that meet the nation’s need for safe and efficient travel. ARTBA also offers value-added programs and services providing its members with a competitive edge.
ARTBA was established in 1902 by Michigan public official Horatio Earle with this express purpose: to advocate for construction of a federally-led “Capital Connecting Government Highway” that he said would connect “every state capital with every other state capital, and every capital with the United States Capital-Washington.” Mission accomplished in 1956.
The association’s members designed, built and continue to manage the Interstates and the nation’s intermodal surface transportation network. Market development and protection on behalf of the U.S. transportation design and construction industry will always remain the core mission.
This mission, however, is augmented by a diverse set of programs befitting a full-service trade association striving to give its members a global competitive edge. Today’s ARTBA value proposition includes:
- Developing and advocating consensus legislative and regulatory policy positions.
- Producing cutting-edge economic reports and analyses aimed at empowering industry executives to make smart business decisions.
- Representing the industry’s market interests when threatened in court by anti-transportation opponents.
- Offering innovative training, certification and other services that are designed to improve safety on both sides of the work zone barricades.
- Providing executive level networking and business development opportunities through events, regional leadership teams, webinars, and regular division, committee and council meetings.
- Delivering exclusive news and information via multiple communications platforms on transportation investment, policy, safety, environmental and other issues.
- Providing leadership and professional growth forums for the next generation via the Industry Leader Development Council.