ARTBA is the leading regulatory advocate, regularly representing the industry’s views before the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, Occupational Safety & Health Administration, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Office of Management and Budget, and other federal agencies. ARTBA typically submits more than two dozen comments per year. Contact ARTBA’s Nick Goldstein with questions or to learn more.
See our Ripe for Regulatory Reform Scorecard, which is regularly updated
- 1/10 – Supporting MAP-21 & FAST Act Reforms, Warning U.S. DOT Not to Exceed Authority in National Environmental Policy Act Rule
Supporting Effort to Strike Down “Volks” Recordkeeping Rule Changes
- 2/16 – Statement to House Energy & Commerce Committee’s Subcommittee with Recommendations on Environment on Clean Air Act Reform
- 2/15 – Statement to Senate Environment & Public Works Committee on Endangered Species Act Modernization
25 Associations Urge Congress to Provide Funding for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Navigation Program.
More than 600 State and Industry Associations Urge the Senate to pass the Regulatory Accountability Act.
- 2/06 – Coalition Letter
40 Trade Associations Ask U.S. DOT to Withdraw Improper Greenhouse Gas Tracking Measure from MAP-21 Performance Measure
- 2/03 – Coalition Letter
- 3/31 – Regulatory Report Submitted to U.S. Department of Commerce in Response to President Trump’s January 24 Memoranda on Reducing Regulatory Burdens to Domestic Manufacturing
Supporting Legislation Ending Mandatory Project Labor Agreements
- 3/14 – Coalition Letter on S. 622, the “Fair and Open Competition Act”
- 3/27 – Coalition Letter on H.R. 1522, the “Fair and Open Competition Act”
- 4/26 – Statement to Senate Environment & Public Works Committee on “A Review of the Technical, Scientific and Legal Basis of the WOTUS Rule”
- 4/17 – Comments Supporting National Environmental Policy Act Delegation Audit Report for Ohio Department of Transportation</a
Expressing Support for the “Small Business Regulatory Flexibility Improvements Act of 2017” in the House and Senate
- 5/18 – Letter from 24 Industry Associations to House Urging Support for the Army Corps of Engineers Navigation Program Funding
- 5/03 – Statement to Senate Environment & Public Works Committee on “Infrastructure Project Streamlining and Efficiency: Achieving Faster, Better and Cheaper Results”
- 6/16 – Supporting National Environmental Policy Act Delegation Memorandum of Understanding for Utah Department of Transportation
- July 2017 Update – A comprehensive report for Congress and the new Trump Administration outlining reforms to proposed or existing rules in order reduce delay in the transportation project review and approval process.
- 7/26 – Coalition Letter in Support of Legislation Preventing the Future Agency Use of the Social Cost of Carbon.
- 7/14 – Coalition for Workplace Safety Letter Supporting OSHA’s Proposal to Extend the Compliance Deadline for the Injury Reporting and Record keeping Rule.
- 7/11 – Supporting OSHA’s Proposal to Extend the Compliance Deadline for the Illness and Injury Reporting and Recordkeeping Rule.
- 8/28 – Coalition comments objecting to the inclusion of the construction industry in OSHA’s proposed beryllium standard.
- 8/09 – Supporting an Exemption from the Hours of Service Rules for the Pipe Line Contractors Association.
- 9/29 – Supporting an Extension to the Compliance Date for OSHA’s Rule on Cranes and Derricks in Construction
- 9/27 – Waters Advocacy Coalition Comments Supporting Withdrawal of the “Waters of the United States” Rule
- 10/16 – Supporting an Exemption from the Hours of Service Rules for the Power and Communications Contractors Association
- 10/10 – Supporting an Exemption from Hours of Service Rules for the National Asphalt Pavement Association
- 11/06 – Coalition Comments Supporting Withdrawal of GHG Tracking Provision from MAP-21 Performance Standard